RE: Transmission Question

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Transmission Question
From: "john ruse" <hologothic@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 97 17:47:37 UT
Chris writes

>Turns out that there is a friction material that is bonded onto the
>taper that the synchro ring engages.  Apparently this coating decided
>that this was the time to become completely unbonded.

>Anyone heard of this before?

It does tend to wear and bits do chip off. the problem is confined to second
gear you'll be pleased to know.

If you need a new one (22H230) I have a few at 15.00 BPS plus mailing from
England. Unfortunately the synchro rings themselves are like hens teeth and
are a bit more expensive. However, if its only the gear thats worn, don't
change the ring!

Once you start looking just about everything will look worn! If you had no
trouble with first and reverse then don't even look at the hub and laygear!!

john

hologothic@msn.com