Re: TD Tachometer Calibration

To: bkrueger@ici.net
Subject: Re: TD Tachometer Calibration
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 22:26:13 EDT
Bud:-

I think you may be expecting more from your tach than it is willing or
able to give.  If you read the old road tests, one of the things they
always used to measure was the accuracy of the speedo.  Why?  Because
they were all significantly inaccurate, and they just wanted to tell the
car buyer by how much!  Why don't you see that in modern road tests?
Because the instruments in today's cars are very accurate, or
insignificantly inaccurate.

Probably on the TD both the tach and speedo are accurate at one spot in
their range.

It's like my father always used to say, "Even a stopped clock is right
twice a day!"

David Littlefield
Houston, TX