Re: I'm Stumped Clutch/Idle

To: GMGoodman@aol.com
Subject: Re: I'm Stumped Clutch/Idle
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 09:35:50 -0400 (EDT)

<< My '72 B has a condition I can't figure out.   When idling in neutral and
the
 clutch pedal is depressed the idle rpms drop.......release the pedal and the
 rpms come back up......darned if I can figure it out.....but I'm not to
smart
 ..any ideas?
      Thanks in advance     >>

I'm not much of a wizard at these things either, but I do know that when you
depress the clutch, you're engaging the throwout bearing, thus causing a
little extra strain on the engine due to the friction of the bearing.  My
idle drops a little, but not much.  Whether yours drops too much for any
other reason besides the bearing, I wouldn't be able to explain.  Normally if
the bearing is going bad, you'll hear it.  Someone else will probably be able
to explain this better than me.

Scott Helms
http://members.aol.com/trmgafun/index.html
http://www.cris.com/~jamiep/BCW.htm   (BCW in caps)