Re: TD Piping Color

To: "Robert J. Donahue" <rdonahue@holli.com>
Subject: Re: TD Piping Color
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 21:00:22 -0400
Robert J. Donahue wrote:

> What color should the piping between the fenders/running board and
> body be on
> my TD? I've painted the car ivory and chose red for the interior.
>
> I see that MOSS supplies: BLACK, RED, GREEN, CREAM, and WHITE.
>
> Also, my dashboard has veneer. Was this original on the TD?
>
> Bob Donahue, Still Stuck in the '50s
> rdonahue@holli.com
> 53 MG-TD #17639 under DIY restoration, NEMGTR #11470
> 71 MGB still in shop, 17 months and counting

 Hi Bob,
     The piping should be the same color as the body. Ideally, it should
be painted with the same paint that is on the body (but use a
flex-additive). The fascia  panel (dashboard) should be covered with the
same material (vinyl) as the other non-leather sections of the car's
upholstery. Ideally, the vinyl should be dyed at the same time as the
leather. The veneer dashes are after-market items.
     I'd suggest that you ask Moss to send you a sample of the piping
before you commit yourself to it. If it's not the right shade of white,
it might make great substrate for being painted with your body color.

Bud Krueger, NEMGTR #9826
52TD