Scarborough Faire Hell & Vent

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Scarborough Faire Hell & Vent
From: lane rollins <laner@teleport.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 11:39:29 -0700 (PDT)
I now understand why most people dislike this company with such a passion.
Last fall I had the engine in my A fail. It was a real busy time so I put
another engine I had access to in the car, with the help of a friend I
recently stripped the engine down and found the problem. It was a tappet
that had failed, the lower half is missing. If you look at it you can see
it a really bad casting, one of the side walls is real thin. Anyway I
called them this morning, the only person I ever was able to talk to was a
receptionist. She kept putting me on hold to talk to someone else and relay
what they said. This went on for maybe 20 minutes. The absolute most they
would do is replace the tappet, if I got documentation from the machine
shop on the exact processes they used during the rebuild. If there was the
littlest thing they didn't like then they wouldn't even replace that.  When
the tappet went it took out every bearing in the engine, scored the crank,
trashed the cam and the oil pump. Ack!  The one line they kept giving me
was that they don't manufacture it so they don't gaurentee it. What
happened to standing behind the products that you sell.

Sorry about the vent,
Lane