Re: Allison(Crane) electronic ignitions

To: JWidell625@aol.com
Subject: Re: Allison(Crane) electronic ignitions
From: Craig Wiper <craigw@sonic.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 17:33:05 -0700
At 08:25 PM 6/16/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Craig-
>
>What about wet weather starting and adjusting the dwell/gap? I've heard the
>Lucas distributors eat points.
>
>Joel Widell\\
>77B

I dropped a Euro-spec 45d Lucas (new) distributor into the B 2 or 3 years
ago. I just now replaced the points and didn't need to. They looked fine. I
replaced them along with everything else (cap,rotor,plugs,wires,etc...)
just to have a fresh setup. I haven't had any trouble with the new
distributor. The car is running better than it ever has right now. I've had
it and been daily-driving it since 1988.
Craig Wiper
craigw@sonic.net
http://www.sonic.net/~craigw