Re: MG Land Speed Record

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MG Land Speed Record
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 21:11:51 +0000
> Kai Radicke wrote:
> >
> > Hi everyone:
> >
> > What is the land speed record for ANY MG body based car?
> >
> > I don't care if it has a Viper V10 in it, all it has to have is a MG body.
> > I am not talking about the MG EX185(1) or whatever that reached 251 MPH, in
> > like 1959.

 Coincidence, or what?

 Not about past records but possible future ones.  Opened MG Enthusiast
 that arrived today, turned to page 5 to read "MG returns to Salt Flats
 with MGF for Bonneville speed week".

 Briefly, a modified MGF will attempt speeds of around 200mph at
 Bonneville in August.  The car is described as a 'Longtail', 1.8i VVC K
 series, turbocharged and running on a mixture of methanol and
 nitrous-oxide.  The car will be driven by an American, a member of a SA
 Land Rover franchise.  The attempt is described as 'not supported bythe
 Rover Group but has its blessing', but the opening paragraph calls the
 attempt 'an independant project by Rover engineers at Gaydon'.

 PaulH.