Re: Fuel system problem?

To: Todd Mullins <todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil>
Subject: Re: Fuel system problem?
From: "Jason F. Dutt" <simjason@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 16:47:05 -0400
Todd Mullins wrote:

> It sounds as though you have weak fuel flow, which could be caused
> either by a clogged line or a weak fuel pump or a dirty/sticky float
> bowl.  What condition are the components in?

The fuel pump, which is a stock later-model SU, is newly rebuilt
(installed about 3 months ago) by an experienced MGer.  I'm ruling that
out for the time being.

The carbs very well could be nappy, as I have no idea when they were
last rebuilt (I've only had the car about a year).

I cannot find a filter between the tank and the pump. My Haynes manual
points to one that is held inside the pump itself with a plug, but I
don't see anything like that.

Thanks for all the responses,