Re: Req. info on leaking TC fuel sender

To: "D. Ahrendt" <ahrendt@atla3.agfa.com>
Subject: Re: Req. info on leaking TC fuel sender
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 21:28:51 -0400
D. Ahrendt wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I don't want to start up an old thread but I wasn't paying enough
> attention when it came around a little while back. This has been
> happening at work too...spring fever, I guess.
>
> Was there a final resolution on the leaking fuel sender on a
> guys TC?  I remember something about a motorcycle sealant
> maybe being a good fix.
>
> Anyone remember?
>
> Thanks, Dave

   Hi Dave, et. al.,
    Though I didn't start the thread, I did second it. In the end the
solution to stopping the leak(s) was a product called "Marine-Tex", a
two-part epoxy. The stuff will bond anything to anything (well almost).
It turned out that the big culprit causing my TD to fail the "full-tank
test" was a pinhole leak above the sending unit. This was not caused by
any sort of rust condition. It was as if someone had taken a very fine
drill and created the hole. Marine-Tex sealed it.    End-of-thread (I
think).

Bud Krueger
52TD (now only dripping oil)