FW: 76 MGB

To: mgs
Subject: FW: 76 MGB
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 00:46:17 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE mgs@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from [HGlenBetts@aol.com]]

     Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 17:26:44 -0400 (EDT)
     From: HGlenBetts@aol.com
     Subject: 76 MGB

Please bear with me here, I'm new to the list and my MG.

First, I subscribed to both british-cars and mgs list. Have yet to receive
anything from mgs list. ( read with great enjoyment the british-cars list) If
this gets posted on the mgs list would someone reply to me directly(
hglenbetts@aol.com ) and let me know this made it through. Maybe let me know
why I'm not receiving mail from that list.

Second.....

Purchased 76 MGB for $200. 50,000 miles. Barn stored for 10 years with no
care. ALL the wiring is gone (rodent feed). Body in good shape, with some
minor rust other then hole behind drivers side door. Motor appears to be
stock, except was told by seller that he replaced pistons with larger ones.

Plan to install complete new wiring harness, what fun ;-/

My question for today... is it possible/practical to get rid of the emissions
crap?
Air pump, canister, air intakes on manifold, etc, etc.

Michigan has dumped emission testing, isn't fresh air great!!

Please give pros/cons on this procedure and what should or should not be
removed.

Thank you

Glen

Milford, Michigan