Re: MGB Faq

To: pmarkiew@whq.wizcom.com
Subject: Re: MGB Faq
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 08:53:23 EDT
On Thu, 19 Jun 1997 08:19:44 -0400 pmarkiew@whq.wizcom.com writes:
>Hi,
>     Being new to the list, can anyone tell me if there is a faq?
>     I especially interested in one that would cover what to look
>     for in purchasing a B.
>
>     Thanks
>
>     Peter
>     No B (yet)
>/***************************************************************************
>*******
>       Peter Markiewicz                        Email:
>       pmarkiew@whq.wizcom.com
>       Systems Architecture & Technology       Tel:    516 222
>4839
>       HFS/Wizcom                              Fax:    516 222
>3149
>       900 Old Country Road
>       Garden City, NY 11530
>******/

Peter,
 Regret I don't know  what a faq is.  A good book, however, is Guide to
Purchase and DIY Restoration of MGB, Lindsay Porter, pub by Haynes.
Helpful in evaluation of condition and estimation of cost/materials to
repair and improve the car.
 Any B is good; different years will suit different drivers better than
others. example--early cars have difficult-to-raise tops, but are
simpler, lighter & quicker. They suffer terrible damage from minor
rear-ender collisions. Rubber bumper cars are much heavier, less
powerful, slower, etc, but they have far better tops, available with
zipper-open rear windows, and air vents on the dashboard, and are less
prone to damage from the rear-enders. Any B is good for your health,
morale, yet probably bad for your morals.  Buy a couple!
MGBob