Wood, horse hair parts

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Wood, horse hair parts
From: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 16:20:14 -0500
Now for some true MG content!  The MGA has a piece of wood screw into the
front part of the bonnet between the frame and the skin behind the latch
"spear."  The wood is well worn and fits perfectly- it might even be
slightly curved to fit- so it almost looks original.  What purpose does
this piece of wood fulfil?   I haven't seen it in any of the parts books.

Also, MGA's are, I believe, supposed to have a horse hair pad that seals
the area over the radiator.  Mine does not have this device and, again, I
have not seen it offered by the major suppliers.  Any comment on the
necessity and availability of this component?

Regards,
Bill Eastman
61 MGA with extra wood and missing hair