Re: 1275 Oil Pressure

To: "Mark Endicott" <endicott@bellsouth.net>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 1275 Oil Pressure
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 21:15:10 -0400
Mark --
On my '73 Midget 1275 (118,000 miles), I get about 80 psi cold, and around
50 psi at cruise after it warms up, with idle down to 20 psi.  As far as I
have been able to tell from talking with all the previous owners, this is
the original engine (serial number plate missing) and has not been rebuilt.
 I have had this car for 10 years (87,500 miles when I bought it), and it
has always had these numbers.   Your pressure sounds normal to me.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "009"
'66 BJ8  HBJ8L/36666  "TARHEELY"
'63 BJ7 HBJ7L/20111 ("Resting" the last 10 years)