Re: =20? =2E?

To: RAY WYGONIK <RWYGONIK@grove.iup.edu>
Subject: Re: =20? =2E?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 1997 05:22:57 -0400
RAY WYGONIK wrote:

> Ok, I'll bite. What the h-ll is =2E and =20?  I get a posting or two a day
>that
> are sprinkled with this code.

  These are people who are using mail agents that send in
character sets that aren't plain text.

  Usually the culprits are people running MS-Exchange and using
MS-Word as their email editor. The default install seems to
set this up, if you install both packages.

  Agreed, it is annoying. You can turn this off in the
Exchange preferences by clicking OFF the box that says
"use Word as editor". Then you get the plain editor that
outputs good old text.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada