Re: mgs@autox.team.net digest #8 Wed Jun 18 17:23:16 MDT 19

To: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>, gardner@lwcomm.com,
Subject: Re: mgs@autox.team.net digest #8 Wed Jun 18 17:23:16 MDT 19
From: "Lishego, Michael" <MIKESL@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 13:26:53 EST
From:           "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
To:             mgs@autox.team.net
Date sent:      Mon, 23 Jun 1997 02:59:12 +0000
Subject:        Re: mgs@autox.team.net digest #8 Wed Jun 18 17:23:16 MDT 1997
Send reply to:  "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>

> I have also heard about some people using an intake manifold that
> allows you to use a Holley or Carter carburator.  Since I have only
> heard these rumours through the grapevine (from my brother's uncle's
> cousin's social worker :) ) I am curious if anyone has any info.
>
> Thanks and Safety Fast,
> Dan Rollins

Dan,
    The only Holley carbs I've seen are on the V-8 versions. I can't
think of which holley would be suitable for a 2-litre 'B, since
I don't know what the CFM specs are for the "typical" MGB carbs, but
I would think that even a 450 CFM Holley would be overkill.
Scott Gardner

My '86 Plymouth Turismo, venerable grandfather of 'problem cars' was
fitted with a two barrel Holley carb, as were all of those little
buggers.  It is an electric choke, and they needed to have a certain
modification done internally to run right, but I'm not sure what.  I
have three of the carbs with one manifold sitting around.  If anyone
knows of a modification, I'd like to hear it...
~Mike