MGB Wheel replacements

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGB Wheel replacements
From: keithw@sand.net
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 97 09:02:22 PDT
This has got to be a FAQ type thing, but all I could find
was a list of bolt patterns (which will follow for those
who may find it useful for this discussion).

I'm in need of some alloy wheels, not only for daily use,
but for autocrossing (so maybe two sets).  I really don't
want to pay the inflated prices for minilites.  Some
questions.

1) Has anyone imported wheels from the UK? The $150 wheels
that most of the US MG catalogs list go for $90 in the UK.
I've bought some items from the UK, butI don't know if
shipping on wheels would make it worthwhile.

2) Does anyone have an old set of autocross wheels sitting
around for a 'B?  I'm looking for something in 14 x 5.5
or 14 x 6.  (and I really love the way revolutions look)

3) (I'm going to measure it myself this weekend) but, what
is the offset of the 'B wheel?  Anyone have any experience
with the wheels in this bolt pattern list?

This is from a faq for the hotrod list, written by Dave Williams.

4 on 4-1/2
        Acura - Legend '86-'89
        Buick - Special '61-'63
        Chevrolet