Re: Blowing a piston

To: gardner@lwcomm.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Blowing a piston
From: "Lishego, Michael" <MIKESL@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 12:27:45 EST
It's funny that you should mention "Airmailing" an object through the
hood.  The PO of both of my '77's drove a '72 roadster as his daily
driver.  Nice car, good mechanical shape, but nothing too special.
Anyway, we were driving to his house in the 'B, and all of a sudden
we hear a terrible ripping sound, and are shocked to see something
flying like a bat out of Hell through his hood!  Turns out, his metal
fan blade came loose of the rivets and fired loose.  There was a nice
slot in his hood, and we stood there and laughed at it for a while.
Needless to say, he switched to a Kenlowe shortly after...
~MIke