Re: Air Compressor Advice

To: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Subject: Re: Air Compressor Advice
From: Tom Shirley <tshirley@voy.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 19:55:47 -0400
Robert Allen wrote:

> Sam's Club sent me a flyer on a Coleman Powermate 5HP 20 Gallon air
> compressor. Anyone yeah or neah this thing? From the picture it looks
> like a direct drive portable model.

Hi Robert,

I'd buy a bigger unit, especially if you plan to paint. I have a 5hp, 25
gallon unit and whenever I used high demand tool (>4cfm), they unit
cycles too much. And with all that cycling come moisture. I have seen 5
hp 60 gallon units at Sam's for around $425 that would be better. Of
course more HP would be better too.

It just depends on what you want to do and the type of tools you use on
the compressor. If the only painting you do is occassional small parts,
it would probably be OK.

Tom Shirley
Sale Creek, TN (just north of Chattanooga)
http://www.Geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/5848
71 MG Midget
72 Datsun 510 (the race car)