What Now??? Midget Brakes Fixed

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: What Now??? Midget Brakes Fixed
From: Mark Endicott <endicott@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 19:18:01 -0500
Well I feel better now!

It turned out that the linings on the shoes were a little wider than the
drum liked.  I had the drums turned and filed off the lining even with
the metal and all is working normal.  I don't know what the clearance is
between the shoe and the outside of the drum but I can attest to the
fact that there was no room for error.

Prozac helped too ::-))

Mark
70 Midget
(stops on a dime, but still puts a drop of brake fluid on my shoes,
tomorrow's project)
Nashville

It's been raining for 37 days and 37 nights, any body know of
ark.plans@construction.wet
group?

This is what I reported Saturday:

"I just came in from the garage having spent the best part of the
morning replacing the
rear brakes on the Midget.  I got the shoes at a local parts store and
they look correct.  The problem is that it looks like the lining is too
thick and they rub, drag, hell they won't turn.  I drove the car around
the block and they are "smokin"!"