Re: Automobile future, was FW: 2022

To: Jay Quinn <jpquinn@cyberramp.net>
Subject: Re: Automobile future, was FW: 2022
From: EMILY COWEN <ecowen@cln.etc.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 23:36:45 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Q!!

On Mon, 30 Jun 1997, Jay Quinn wrote:

> peek at whats coming down the road n the future of electric cars.  Trying
> to grab youth interests I think.

Not a chance at this stage in its' development!!  This is definitly "old
fart" country.  On average, young pups don't have the disposable income.

> I think it was built to make people say "Ooh!"  and "Wow!"  I don't think
> that a production model for the streets was their intention.  I think it
> was to dispell old wives tales.

Not old wives tales, but a demo to attract venture capital.  I've been
to a few of these "events", not of my own volition, but on my financial
advisor's advice.  I'm no bean counter, so I went.  I found them to be
an interesting dog and pony show.

BTW, my FA says that buying, and rebuilding our MG's makes far more
financial sense than spending thousands on depreciation on the latest
sack of shit to roll out of Detroit, or Oshawa.  And it's a lot more fun

TTUL8r, Kirk Cowen   (who HAS to make the "B" O/D tranny fit the '56 "A"
                      BEFORE the "Ralley in the Valley". I'm in trouble)