Re: How about SB 42?

To: mgs%autox.team.net@aphub.aerojetpd.com
Subject: Re: How about SB 42?
From: KILE_PAUL@aphub.aerojetpd.com (Paul D Kile)
Date: 01 Jul 97 07:11:57 PDT
Andy Ramm is right in that SB 42 passed the House Transportation
committee vote, but now it is in the hands of the Appropriations
committee.  We can't let our guard down yet.

The appropriations committee looks at fiscal impact.  The opponents
of SB 42 have tried to make a case for the 3 or 4 million bucks that
the state will lose from not collecting smog check fees for the older
cars.  This may not be as much of a factor now that the economy is
looking better here in CA, but it would be just our luck that the
committee votes it down, or worse yet, the Governor vetoes it, over
the money issue.

Keep writing your representatives.

Cheers, PK

Paul D. Kile