RE: new subscriber

Subject: RE: new subscriber
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 1997 10:18:00 -0700 (PDT)
Congradulations on your purchase, welcome to the family...

If you put your top down without unsnapping it first you will surely rip it
over a short time. The first to go will probrably be the hooks being ripped
out at the door jam. Here is a repost of one of my emails explaining how I
do it. It's kinda hard to explain. Let me know if you need more info

Pictures would make this easier but...

Unsnap the snaps then latches fixing the header rail to the windshield.
step outide the car and unsnap the snap strap which snaps down on the inside
of the car to the top frame near the corner of the door window
Lift up all of the fasteners around the rear corner and then you will have
enough slack to unlatch the clip on the top located at the door jam.
Move around the car and repeat on the passenger side(stay there)
Now lift the header rail back a bit to slacken the top. This will allow you
to pull the back edge of the top off of the two clips on the back
Now, with the rear of the top detached, grab it by the back edge and lift it
over the top turning it inside out.
Pull the moveable bow back (the one the top is sewed or glued to) and smooth
things out so they lay flat.
fold the corner window up over the back window making sure that the fold is
on the fabric between the two windows not on the window its self and that
the windows are laying flat.
pat it down a bit so there is only a little dip in the window/fabric between
the two bows
move back to the drivers side and fold that corner window up and over the
back window.
Now with your arm like a big karate chop push the back window with the two
corner windows on top down a bit to start a fold in the middle between the
two bows
With your right hand grab the bow that the top is glued or sewed to, with
your left, the header rail and ease the whole thing back. It should calapse
into a neatly folded top.
Get into car and put on seat belt before light turns green.
The nice thing is you start on the drivers side and end up there only having
to travel to the other side of the car once. There are no folds in the
windows just one gentle bend along the back.

I've been using this method for years with no problems. I'm not sure if it
is the official method but it works very well for me. If you decide to do it
some other way just make sure that you unlach the clips near the door handle
on the jam. Just forcing the top down with the clip still in place will
surely rip the clip from the top in a short while

Chris Reichle