Good brakes, bad breaks, & vac boosters

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Good brakes, bad breaks, & vac boosters
From: "Sean Johnson" <sean_johnson@milacron.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 97 10:31:42 -24000
Just a note on the current brakes thread:

Last year I stripped two '79 MGB's.  When I removed the vacuum hoses from the
brake boosters, BOTH had some kind of hardened crud inside that either
blocked or partly blocked the hose.

If your brakes seem to be working poorly, but vacuum & everything else check
out, you might consider removing the hose to verify it's clear.
Be careful, the fitting on the booster is plastic, and these hoses DON'T like
to come off!

regards,

Sean Johnson