Re: Rocker Replacement

To: D D B <dbavery1@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Rocker Replacement
From: Don Markham <markham@netusa1.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 1997 09:16:01 -0400
D D B wrote:

> Dear fellow list members.  Next winter I plan on replacing the passenger
> side outer      rocker panel and lower rocker  panel on my 1978 MGB
> roadster.
>
>   I wanted to know if anyone could suggest a book that gives me step by
> step instructions on the proper way to complete this proceedure.
>
>   I figured if I asked now I would have all summer to locate any
> suggested books at some of the MG shows.  Any advice would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Denny

Denny, The best book I have found is by Practical classics magazine
titled "Color MGB GT Restoration". They also offer the book but covering
roadster repairs. Another very good book but pictures are not quite as
clear is Porters "DYI restoration". I to am undertaking the same project
and am currently in the middle of the left side rebuild. I will bet when
you cut away the outer sill you will find alot more rust underneath, so
be ready to go even further than you think you need to .

Good luck

Don Markham
67' MGB GT