Midget 1500 fender removal and fiberglass bugeye bonnets

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Midget 1500 fender removal and fiberglass bugeye bonnets
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 1997 03:32:24 -0400
I was under the impression that all square Midget front
wings were bolted on, and that removal involved first
rounding all the bolts and then cutting the blasted things
out with a dremel tool.

  However, the Vicky Brits catalog lists the mounting bolt
sets for the 1098 and 1275 only.

  Are the later front fenders welded on for 1500s? Where
are the welds, and how difficult to remove and replace?

  I need to remove one to replace an outer sill.

  (unless somebody wants to sell me a nice fiberglass
bugeye bonnet, offers? Then I can leave the things off!)

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada