Oil Pressure Gauge Block Connection

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Oil Pressure Gauge Block Connection
From: Mark Endicott <endicott@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 1997 12:52:08 -0500
Now that the Midget (1275) is running and stopping good I thought That I
would look for the little oil leaks.  I found that the oil pressure
gauge tap on the block was leaking a little oil out the connection where
the short tube connects to the threaded coupling on one end and the
rubber hose on the other.  It turns out that the threads are stripped on
the brass compression nut and won't tighten up on the copper pipe.  The
problem is that they are not listed in the catalogs and apparently they
are not standard thread, been to the plumbing store and the parts
store.  I have temporarily fixed it with an after-market oil pressure
gauge installation kit but I would like to find the right stuff.
Anybody been there before?

Mark
70 Midget
Nashville