Re: shuddering midget

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: shuddering midget
From: "William L. Singleton" <singleton@ccsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 11:46:18 -0400
 My wife and I went for a great drive on Saturday (July 5, I simply couldn't
  drive a British car on the fourth!).  Took a 6-hour circle tour of the
  Berkshires in northern CT/southern MA.  The weather was perfect (80-85 deg
  F), the roads both lovely and winding, the sky had an impressive array of
  interesting clouds, there was a gentle breeze, interesting old houses to
  admire and not too much traffic.  Absolutely the best type of day for
  top-down driving and not a four-lane highway in the bunch.

  The B was great.  I just traded my original '77 in for a rebuilt  '77 (with
  O/D).  This one is about as stock as they get.

  No fireworks or excitement for our holiday, but a wonderfully enjoyable
  afternoon with my wife in picture-perfect surroundings.  You don't get too
  many days like that (Hell, you _can't_ get too many days like that!).

  We only saw one other LBC (a blue GT) and four Z-3s.  I didn't count the
  Mi*t*s.  We passed a gathering of '60s American  iron at a McDonald's on
  the way home, but couldn't stop and stare as the dog had been inside all
  day and it was pushing 7pm.

  Envy me those 6 hours

Bill Singleton

'52 TD (hers, in pieces in the garage)
'77 MGB (ours, we needed something fun to drive)