Re: filter before pump

To: John Steczkowski <stecz@pswtech.com>
Subject: Re: filter before pump
From: "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@ic.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 12:19:14 -0400
John Steczkowski wrote:

> Is it possible (maybe even easy) to put a fuel filter before the pump on
> an mgb (1975)? The previous owner has warned me that he went through a
> few fuel pumps and he suspects it may be do to junk in the tank, which a
> fuel filter before the pump might solve.
>
> --
> John Steczkowski
> PSW Technologies, Inc.
> 512-343-6666
> stecz@pswtech.com
> http://www.pswtech.com/~stecz
> http://www.pswtech.com                          O-

Should be no problem.  Locate the fuel line coming out of the tank.  If
it's like mine, it will be short length of metal, followed by a length
of rubber fuel line.  Pick a conveinient spot, use a pair of vise grips
to crimp the fuel hose between your spot and the tank, and cur the hose.
A inline type clear fuel filter will fit in with a couple of hose
clamps.

Regards,

Chris Delling