Re: Waxoyl Question

To: "Robert J. Donahue" <rdonahue@holli.com>
Subject: Re: Waxoyl Question
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 16:27:56 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 6 Jul 1997, Robert J. Donahue wrote:

> I just put my Waxoyl starter kit together. Should the nozzle produce a spray?
> I am only getting sort of a dribble out of mine. Also, I'm afraid that the
> extension tubing will only produce a puddle inside the rocker. How do you
>make
> it cover well? My kit came with no real instructions.
>
> Bob Donahue, Still Stuck in the '50s

The Waxoyl applicator is pretty crummy.  Best results if you heat the heck
out of the waxoyl.  Either immerse the container in a bucket of very hot
water, or better yet, get an electric quartz heater and sit the can in
front of it every few min to keep it hot.  That should give you something
approaching a spray, but you won't get real atomization of the waxoyl.

I eventually bought a rustproofing applicator set from Eastman, which
really made a fog with warm waxoyl.

   W. R. Gibbons  Dept. of Molecular Physiology & Biophysics
                  gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8629