Re: Turning engine

To: "Editors, Molecular Vision" <jboatri@emory.edu>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Turning engine
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 17:39:16 -0400
The books say you can put the car in gear and roll it slowly forward to
turn the engine, but this probably only works easily with all the
sparkplugs out.  I haven't had too much success with it.  I don't know what
the access to the crank pulley is in a '65 Sprite with a 1275, but in my
Midget I have found that a chain strap wrench around the crank pulley works
well.  It's not super easy to get this wrench on the pulley, but not
impossible, either.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "009"
'66 BJ8  HBJ8L/36666  "TARHEELY"
'63 BJ7 HBJ7L/20111 ("Resting" the last 10 years)