MGA Lights and ignition problem

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGA Lights and ignition problem
From: John Rogers <rogersj@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 1997 21:27:52 -0500
Hello all!

I have an intermittent problem with my MGA.  After I have the engine
started and I turn on the headlights, every once in a while the engine
will die (and fuel pump shuts down).  The headlights are nice and
bright, plenty of juice available.  I can sometimes shut off the lights
and catch it before it dies but sometimes not.  I have to turn off the
lights, turn the ignition off and then back on to get the fuel pump /
ignition going again.  Is a problem with the ignition switch, lighting
switch??