Re: MGA Tire size

To: kevins@borris.khoros.unm.edu
Subject: Re: MGA Tire size
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 07:13:09 EDT
This radial size is the "equivalent" to 5.60 x 15, but its circumference
is smaller than that of the bias-ply.  That's quite OK, but there will be
an effect on the RPM at a given road speed. You might want to check that
out, as many MGA drivers are a little concerned already about RPM at
highway speeds.
 I can't recall the formula for calculating this, but you can work it out
by measuring the C of the bias ply, dividing into 5280 to get the number
of turns of the tire per mile. THen do it for the radial and compare.
Work in the rear-axle ratio and you will get the revs per mile.  I have a
lot of these numbers already worked out. If you're curious, tell me your
axle ratio and I'll check my charts
Bob