[Fwd: Re: SB 42]

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Fwd: Re: SB 42]
From: aramm <aramm@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 16:55:43 -0700

--------------19816308643C

The following is an update on SB 42 in California.  If you are a
California resident, I urge you to call the Assembly Appropriations
office and voice your support.

Thanks,

Andy
--

Andy Ramm
aramm@concentric.net

--------------19816308643C

Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 16:40:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: Office SC08 <Senator.Kopp@SEN.CA.GOV>
Subject: RE: SB 42
To: aramm <aramm@concentric.net>
UA-content-id: A18ZWXWNUMT0
X400-MTS-identifier: [;75046141707991/1808391@SENATE]
A1-type: MAIL
Hop-count: 2

                                   MEMORANDUM

        From:          Senator Quentin L. Kopp

        To:              Supporters of SB 42

        Subject:      Assembly Appropriations Committee hearing on
                                July 16, 1997

        Your continued expressions of support for SB 42 to me and
        Members of the Assembly are greatly appreciated.  Your letters
        and calls have been crucial in moving the bill through the
        legislative process.  In addition, many of you were gracious
        enough to attend the hearing of the Assembly Transportation
        Committee on the bill and show your strong support.  Your
        support helped secure passage of the bill by the Transportation
        Committee on a 17-0 vote.

        SB 42 is now scheduled to be heard by the Assembly
        Appropriations Committee on Wednesday July 16, 1997.  The
        hearing will commence at 9:30 a.m. in Room 4202 in the State
        Capitol, Sacramento.

        I would like to invite and strongly encourage your attendance at
        the Appropriations Committee hearing on July 16th to further
        evidence your support for the enactment of SB 42.   Such support
        will be needed to overcome the objections of the Air Resources
        Board and Bureau of Automotive Repair to the bill's passage.  If
        you cannot attend, I invite you to call the Appropriations
        Committee at (916)  322-4323 to express your support of the
        bill.

        Thank you again for your considerable efforts to secure passage
        of SB 42.

--------------19816308643C--