MGB tranny question

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGB tranny question
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 22:21:37 -0400 (EDT)
Greetings,

A friend at work asked me a question about an MGB but I couldn't give him a
good answer, since I'm lacking transmission experience, (I'm sure my time
will come) so I told him I would direct the question to the experts.

The question:

The clutch on his late 60's MGB is not releasing.  When depressing the clutch
pedal, the slave cylinder appears to be actuating properly so I would rule
out the hydraulics.  They've checked everything visable from the outside of
the tranny and everything looks OK.  The car had been driven this Spring and
apparently everything was working fine until lately.  Maybe something came
loose?

Also, can the transmission be removed without removing the engine on the MGB?
 I thought I read something about this recently.

Thanks in advance,

Scott Helms