New Mini engine in Midget ?

To: mg <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: New Mini engine in Midget ?
From: Eric Bartels <bartels@maths.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 11:09:39 +0100 (BST)

Hi there ,

I am driving a 1275 A-series engined Midget and was wondering
whether a new Mini engine (I was told they are A-Series) would fit into
the Midget. I am considering that because the Mini engine has a catalytic
converter, fuel injection and runs on lead free. All great incentives to
me because soonish I will be keeping the car in Germany. Non-clean cars
are so heavily taxed there that the swap will pay off soon.

So does anyone know whether they fit ?

cheers, Eric