RE: gear oil vs oil

To: "Skip Kelsey" <kelsey@value.net>, "Skip Kelsey" <kelsey@value.net>,
Subject: RE: gear oil vs oil
From: "doug russell" <dr-doug@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 97 20:33:55 UT
Viscosity may be the same but the chemical makeup (or additives) is different
as is the Ph.  Gear oil may be corrosive to some engine parts (copper) while
engine oil has a lot of additives to make it slippery but does not have the
wear endurance of gear oil.  Given this I've always wondered why engine oil is
used in the B tranny??