diffi, shocks, web site, gofast parts source

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: diffi, shocks, web site, gofast parts source
From: aramm <aramm@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 14:47:56 -0700
Hi all,

Thois is really a few posts, but I figured I'd nail 'em all in one shot:

Diffi Whine...
I replaced the gear oil and the existing oil level was quite low.  The
oil also looked pretty burnt.  The whining has substantially subsided so
it seems.  I'll give it another drive tonight to confirm.

Shock problems...
Thanks to those with suggestions about tube shocks, especially Chris
Reichle's suggestions about changing bracket mounting locations and
moving the shock to the more forward mount.  The shocks are still too
stiff, but much more tolerable than before.  The back end also seems to
want to stay planted through corners better, though I was enjoying its
tendency to oversteer :D.  Thanks Chris.

Web Site/Go Fast Parts
There is a fantrastic web site rife with accurate technical information
about engine, brake and suspension modifications to MGA and MGB cars.
Go to http://www.mgbmga.com.  This site is operated by British
Automotive and Doug Jackson, located in Marin County Calif.  It is a
little more performance oriented and not so oriented toward
restoration.  Be that as it may, I spend over an hour reading all the
technical stuff on his site.

I visited Doug today and bought seat belts for my GT.  He runs a great
shop, and even though I didn't spend much $, he took a lot of time to
answer questions and gave me a tour of the place.  He also keeps
meticulous records of everyone in the business, so for questions about
things his shop didn't specialize in, he had 4 or 5 phone numbers of
people who do.

I am in no way associated with, blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda.  Just
check it out.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Andy
'67 BGT