Re: Scumbags AGAIN

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, Bob De Weese <bearlock@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Scumbags AGAIN
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 20:07:27 +0000
Bob De Weese wrote:

> EMILY COWEN wrote:
>

> > The construction guy was charged with manslaughter, and had to go to
> > court.  He claimed that he had no knowledge of how a pipe bomb could
> > have ended up inside his tool box.  His lawyer listed the number of
> > times he'd been broken in to, and suggested that the pipe bomb could
> > have been supplied by the victims.  The jury bought it, and the
> > construction guy was released; but, he had to pay a humonguous legel
> > bill.  The taxpayers had to pay for an expensive trial.
> >
> > Who "won"??  The lawyers...  but the break-ins stopped.
> >
> > TTUL8r, Kirk Cowen   (who rather likes the concept of the Taser)
>
> I've got one for ya.  A customer of mine kept having cars on his lot
> stolen and / or vandalized.  "Why don't you get a big dog?", I asked.
>
> "Because that cost a friend of mine ten grand", he replied.
>
> Apparently his friend kept a dog in his office at night, after being
> broken into several times.  Well one night a guy broke in and got chewed
> up pretty badly.  The theif, was caught, convicted of burglary, and even
> did time.  And you guessed it...  He sued the business owner and the
> case was settled by the insurance company for $ 10,000.
>
> Only in America!
> Almost!  A chap here in the UK saw a thief jemmying a garage door,
challenged him, and when the thief ran off gave chase, caught him and
performed a citizens arrest.  To do this he rugby-tackled the thief and
brought him to the ground and both suffered minor abrasions in the
process.  The thief brought a complaint and the Police had no option but
to prosecute.  Fortunately the case was dropped before it came to
court, perhaps someone had a quiet word somewhere along the way.

PaulH.