Re: British Miles engine rebuilds

To: "Jason F. Dutt" <simjason@ix.netcom.com>, <BDurgin1@aol.com>
Subject: Re: British Miles engine rebuilds
From: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 19:45:20 -0400
> This is not a happy customer!  What happened?

Yeah David Duetsch isn't a happy customer either...I hope you read my
private email.

> > I would not do business with them.  They burned me once a few years ago
> and I
> > will never but anything from them again.
> >
> > Bruce Durgin
> > 64 B

Bruce ordered a rebuilt alternator (distributer, I can't remember the part)
about 2-3 years ago...and got the "typical BritMiles rebuild", a fresh coat
of paint and some grease.  I would say that our rebuilds have improved
since then and I KNOW that the engines and transmissions are rebuilt by a
different person and are good...or so I have heard from happy customers.

I personally don't recomment any used or rebuilt parts from then, even I
won't buy them.  I WOULD buy a rebuilt engine and trans without a
problem...in fact another employee has a British Miles rebiult LH style
overdrive transmission in his car...and it is perfect, not a problem.  I
would also buy used body, interior, and non-moving parts from them...but
not anything electrical or mechanical (radios, engines, and transmission
are great).

KMR

Kai M. Radicke -- mowogmg@pil.net @ 1966 MGB -- http://www.pil.net/~mowogmg

Dialogue Internet -- Intelligent Internet Solutions

Free Citizen Ship to the KMR (Kai's Military Republic), Passport included.