Re: HeadLight Reminder

To: prsmith@navnet.net, "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: HeadLight Reminder
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 21:03:59 -0400
prsmith@navnet.net wrote:

> Does anyone have any ideas on how to build a reminder (visual and/or
> audible) to tell this forgetful driver that his headlights are on when he
> departs the vehicle?  I have an 80 MGB LE!!

  If the headlights are on, there is 12V at the headlight
circuit.

  If the ignition is on, there is 12V at the ignition
circuit (at the coil is convenient).

  You can easily rig something like this:

headlight ---- diode --- buzzer --- coil.

 The diode is required to not allow the buzzer to
work backwards when the coil is energized but the
headlights are not.

  The buzzer will buzz whenever the headlights are
on but the ignition is not. The trick would be to
find a nice polite but firm buzzer that doesn't
mind 12V.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada