porting midget heads

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: porting midget heads
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@utk.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 10:58:37 -0400
Has anybody every done any "porting" to a midget (1500) head?  A
mechanic I know says he had a ton of porting done to his midget racing
car, to the tune of about $1500 bucks, but said it all depended on what
you were doing.  Running a standard cam and Z-S carb, only adding a
header, is there any benefit to porting the head?  And by the way, a
good definition of porting may be handy as well!

I think my car may be almost ready to come home from getting trimmed in
black tulip, and the engine is getting machined.  Now if I just had some
time!  :-)

Thanks...

adrian

75 midget/spider home