Re: can driveshaft length cause diffi whine?

To: aramm <aramm@concentric.net>
Subject: Re: can driveshaft length cause diffi whine?
From: Arthur Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 22:06:44 -0400 (EDT)
        I wouldn't suspect the drive shaft, if it fits it's the right one.
The whining could be comming from the bearings in the tranny or from the
rear end itself. Don't wait to check it out do it now.... I'll wait...
The reason I say this is because I've just spent a day and a half and 200
dollars on a rear end for a 77MGB. I was planning on doing some work on it
in the fall so I didn't want to change the oil. Guess what the slight
noise it was making was trying to tell me something. No oil. I was unable
to find the correct rear end so I had to go with a much older one. THe 77
had several brackets welded on that the replacement doesn't have. The main
problem that I have to deal with is the sway bar brackets that are not
there. Oh well live and learn. I had just replaced the oil on my 57 MGA a
week ago and had a half aquart left over. This may have been enough to
save me ,but then again maybe the damage had already been done. CHECK
YOUR OIL.
...Art