Vaccuum advance, or lack thereof...

Subject: Vaccuum advance, or lack thereof...
From: John Steczkowski <stecz@pswtech.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 19:47:58 -0700
'75 MGB

Of of the PO or PM (previous mechanic) removed the vacuum line for the
vaccuum advance, at least they put caps on the distributor and the
intake manifold so I didn't have a vaccuum leak.  The question is, what
are some reasons for doing this, that is, what are some of the things I
should expect to see when I hook it back up?

I guess, bare minimum, I'll get some vaccuum line, hook it up, get a new
timing light (the one I have is broke) and set the timing properly.

Ever since I got the car (a couple of weeks and maybe 200 miles), I have
noticed that it is pointless to rev very high, because I'm not getting
any more power. Could that be a result of not getting any advance at
high revs? Or is it a result of no power anywhere in the rev range :-)

--
John Steczkowski
PSW Technologies, Inc.