Re: Knee-capped!(Now Drop Lights)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Knee-capped!(Now Drop Lights)
From: rdonahue@holli.com (Robert J. Donahue)
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 22:37:23 -0600 (MDT)
>A couple of years ago, weary of breaking the filaments in drop lights
>every time they got dropped (why are they called that, anyway?) I bought
>a 12 inch fluorescent drop light. It's been the greatest tool!
>All-plastic on the outside, so it is less likely to scratch, the tube
>covered by a larger clear plastic tube, so any broken glass would be kept
>inside, it has been well worth the price at the Kmart.  Recently I have
>seen smaller versions of this, so may buy a small one also.

I used to go through at least one light bulb every day until I started
using one of those shock proof ones. Better yet are the fluorescent
drop lights. Much brighter and cooler too! Well worth the extra money.

Bob Donahue, Still Stuck in the '50s
rdonahue@holli.com
52 MG-TD #17639 under DIY restoration, NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB still in shop, 19 months and counting