Paint codes (was: Black Tulip: More paint questions!)

To: paul.hunt1@virgin.net
Subject: Paint codes (was: Black Tulip: More paint questions!)
From: MLishego@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 12:04:30 -0400 (EDT)
Is there a paint number anywhere on my MGB that tells me the original paint
color?  Is there any way to find out what my original color was?  So far,
I've discovered these colors on the car in various locales:
Currently:  Black
                 Red
                 Brown Metallic
                 Pale yellow
                 BRG

I believe that the BRG was original, since all of the insides are this color,
like under the dash where no mortal man would paint.  However, the pale
yellow paint job was a very good one, the insides of the engine bay have
traces of the yellow under the black and before the BRG.  The brown was
terrible, as of four years ago, the car was this color, I've seen pictures,
and it's hideous.  The DPO bought it brown, then painted it red, and then
switched to black.
~Mike Lishego