Weber installation...

To: schooler@erols.com
Subject: Weber installation...
From: MLishego@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 00:44:51 -0400 (EDT)
Well, I FINALLY got around to installing the Weber carb.  The SU's went out
like a dream, and the downdraft bolted up with nary a problem.  When I
attatched the accelerator cable, it was binding.  I removed it, and replaced
it with a 'nicer' one from my '77.  It also caught, and what I mean is that
the accelerator pedal would travel to the floor and stay there - not a good
quirk in any car!  So, to outwit the Mowog/Lucas influence, I attatched a
strong spring from the linkage to a hose clamp that was just above the valve
cover.  The result:  works like a charm.  Is there any way to grease or
otherwise lubricate your throttle cable?  Before installing it, I soaked mine
in motor oil, to no avail.

Next, I tried to install the pollution controls as best as possible,
considering all of the emissions crap that's going on around here.  I
reattatched the gulp valve to the intake manifold by means of the threaded
hole that was intended for the brake servo.  Has anyone ever tried this
before, and to what effect?  In a pamphlet from Brit-Tek, they recommend
running the crankcase breather into the airflow under the car, so that the
speed of the car will 'scavenge' (?) the gases from the block.  I can
understand how this will work, but is there a better place for me to stick it
(Bite your tongue!)  Sorry for being so picky, but I don't what to do
anything that will cause problems for me or my car in the future!

I also figured out what was going on with my fuel pump...The car was out of
gas...
Shame on me for six weeks... :-(

Thanks in advance for your help!

~Mike Lishego