Knockoffs

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Knockoffs
From: Alan Lott <lottala@mail.auburn.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 09:35:58 -0500
Hello all,

Well, the deal has finally been struck (after three weeks of painful
waiting) and I am going to pick up my newest restoration project at about
three o'clock today. A 99% complete, all original, never restored, rust
free, 1971 B roadster. As is apropriate, I already have my first question.
:-) Since this is my first experience with a car having no lug nuts, how
does one tell when enough torque has been applied to the octagon knock
offs? How about with eared knock offs?

Thanks for the help! Oh, I've already started my restoration web page
(photos won't be up until next week) at:
http://www.auburn.edu/~lottala/mgb/mgbmain.htm

Regards,

Alan Lott
GTA Dept of RSE