Re: mgs@autox.team.net digest #57 Mon Jul 28 02:05:01 MDT 1997

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: mgs@autox.team.net digest #57 Mon Jul 28 02:05:01 MDT 1997
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 23:48:01 +0000
> Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 15:47:51 -0700
> From: "bill and penny meyer" <pplusb@northlink.com>
> Subject: 1967 RDSTR:LAYOUT - HELP!!!!
>
> AM REBUILDING A '67 BONDO QUEEN.  HAVE RE-COVERED THE DASH AND CANNOT
> LOCATE THE MOUNTING HOLES FOR THE CENTER TONNEAU STUD.  COULD
> SOMEBODY PLEASE PROVIDE MEASUREMENTS FROM THE WINDSCREEN BOLTDOWN
> FIXTURE OR WHATEVER??
> ALSO, WHAT ARE THE PROPER LOCATIONS AND CONFIGURATION (B
> SINGLE STUD WITH NUT OR TWO SCREW TYPE) FOR THE SIDE/CORNER DASHTOP
> TONNEAU STUDS??
> FEELING QUITE EMBARRASSED

Bill,
        Sorry I can't help with the location of the center post, but as far
as the side fasteners go (on the side of the car, behind the rear
edge of the door), and the fasteners on the windshield pillars go,
both of mine are regular snaps, the same size snaps as the ones that
snap the convertible top draught excluders to the top of the
windshield pillars.  Mine may have been a custom-made tonneau, but I
doubt it.  Also, mine's a '72, but I don't know if a '67 would have
had different fasteners.

Scott Gardner
gardner@lwcomm.com
www.lwcomm.com/~gardner