Fwd: Re: In Memorium

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fwd: Re: In Memorium
From: Nory@webtv.net (Nory)
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 11:13:01 -0400
--WebTV-Mail-1682154625-67

-Nory
 '74 Midget & '71 parts car
 '94 Ford Ranger
 '85 Ford Escort
 '89 Ford Probe
 '96 North American Shepherd

--WebTV-Mail-1682154625-67

From: Nory@webtv.net (Nory)
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 11:11:50 -0400
To: bernzo@ix.netcom.com (Dave Bernier)
Subject: Re: In Memorium

Dave,

I commend you for getting your daughter into LBCs!  I don't know if you
caught my previous post on the subject, but I wish I had gotten the
experience she's now getting by working on her own LBC.  She will never
be taken advantage of by an unscrupulous mechanic. even if she stops
working on her own cars.  If she keeps her interest in LBCs, I'm sure
she will save a few in her lifetime.

I somehow think it would have been easier to learn about cars 30 years
ago (kids are like sponges - absorb everything), but little girls
weren't supposed to help work on the car in those days (my mother would
freak whenever dad took his little girl fishing!).  Even today, some
people are amazed that I work on my own cars, but times are changing,
thanks to parents like you.  I'm sure your daughter will thank you some
day too (if she hasn't already!).

We can double the LBC hobbyists by encouraging our little girls as well
as our boys.  And guess what, guys?  I bet some of your wives would like
to try their hand at turning a wrench or screw (wait, that didn't sound
right) now and then, if you'd only ask.  I'm sure they'd love to learn.
I'm living proof that an old female dog (never mind what they're
called!) can learn new tricks.  I am now a bigger car nut than any of my
five brothers!

In memory of Dick and Ray, make sure the LBC hobby never dies.  That's
the legacy they've left us.  It's our responsibility.

-Nory
 '74 Midget & '71 parts car
 '94 Ford Ranger
 '85 Ford Escort