Footwell Insulation [was

To: MGS@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Footwell Insulation [was
From: john.kahoon@pcohio.com (John Kahoon)
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 05:29:00 -0500
Carol wrote:

CA>I was at a "new" mechanic's site this afternoon. I mentioned floor heat and
CA>he told me what he used on a resto he did. It's "kale wool" or something
CA>that sounds like that. The resto owner had used this stuff when he built a
CA>kiln. Apparently it's about 1/2" thick, but compresses and insulates very
CA>well...

CA>Just thought I'd pass the info on...

CA>Carol

    Now here's something I know about.. It's called Kao-wool, this is a
   high temp. insulation ( ceramic version of fiberglass).
   Unfortunatley this product dosen't work as well as fiberglass at
   temps. below 500 degrees, it also has poor moisture resistance.
   Great Insulation for a kiln, poor insulation for a car, use foil
   backed fiberglass.

John Kahoon
71 Midget
---
 þ SLMR 2.1a þ john.kahoon@pcohio.com

 _ _
|_|_| PC-OHIO Interactive * 216-381-3320 * telnet://bbs.pcohio.net
|_|_| Combining The Best BBS & The Web at http://www.pcohio.net